Research School Immersion Days in Putting Evidence into Practice: English, Maths and Curriculum Design
29 November 2018
We are offering four themed days to share practical examples of our own school’s journey engaging with the evidence to support our school improvement drive. We will be sign posting our key principles to our approach and sharing:
- sources of evidence that have underpinned our thinking, looking at resources from the EEF and beyond
- practical ways in which we have translated the evidence into practice
- chance to immerse in classroom and see practice in action
- strategies for getting staff on board and using facilitation approaches effective for adult learning
- our ongoing monitoring and evaluation processes
- how we are still reflecting and moving our practice forward in light of new challenges, because the journey never ends
Dates – Choose from:
Time: 9.30am – 2.30pm
As a school, both our English and Maths teams are heavily involved in our multi-academy trust and research school work, with both teams shortlisted for the TES Awards this year. The English team were announced English Team of the Year 2018.
The lead judge commented: “Wyndham Primary Academy’s English department is a close-knit and highly inventive team. They are rightly proud of the time and resources they not only put into their pupils, but also into their staff’s professional development; and all the time they prioritise learning, and a love of reading and writing. Their work is evidence-informed, their planning collaborative and rigorous. Their commitment unstinting. This is a team at the top of their game, dedicated to excellence, to innovation, to partnerships and to improving the life chances of all their pupils.”
We will also be weaving in the evidence around the following themes:
· Parental Engagement (+3m)
· Metacognition (+7m)
· Feedback (+8m)
· Digital Technology (+4m)
Cost: £50 including lunch and free resources to take away
If you are looking to attend as a leadership team, we can offer three places for the price of two. Please get in touch regarding this.
As this experience involves opportunities to immerse in classrooms, there are limited spaces available. Please book early to avoid disappointment.
How to Book: Please click below to book your place29 November 2018
Posted in: Training/CPD