Metacognition and Self-Regulation Spring 2018 2019 – New Programme Offer
12 September 2018
Metacognition and self-regulation is one of the most accessed strands of the EEF Teaching and Learning toolkit, but the majority of people are not yet clear exactly how this can be applied in classrooms to improve the outcomes of our students. This programme focuses on giving schools the essential tools to develop their own whole-school approach to metacognitive rich teaching and learning.
At every phase, from Early Years through to Post-16, new specifications mean that our students are facing more challenging curriculums with increased content. This three-day programme will dig deeper into the ‘what’, the ‘why’ and the ‘how’ of metacognition.
What impact does the approach have?
Metacognition and self-regulation approaches have consistently high levels of impact, with pupils making an average of seven months’ additional progress.
· Develop an understanding of metacognition and self-regulated learning
· Be provided with the tools and processes for self-review
· Be provided with guidance on effective implementation
· Be offered practical resources and tools to use in school
· Be given the skills and knowledge to be able to offer in-school training that is evidence-based
Who is it suitable for?
– Heads of department/key stage
— Senior leaders from primary, secondary and specialist schools
Dates for the Programme
The programme will start in January 2019. Dates to be confirmed.
Booking your Place
To book your place, please click here.
For further information and any booking enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.orgPosted on 12 September 2018
Posted in: Training/CPD