Parental Engagement Programme 2018-2019 – Programme Offer
11 September 2018
Following on from a successful bid to the Shine a Light Grant, we are pleased to offer 20 places to primary schools in Derby to support them in delivering a ‘Parent Maths Masterclass’ in their own school settings.
– To support schools with running their own parent engagement programmes in Maths
– To help schools grow their parent partnerships, support parent knowledge and understanding of our approach to maths teaching and address at times the ‘Maths Anxiety’ some parents experience when faced with supporting their children with maths homework at home.
– To offer materials and guidance in delivering the programme
– To upskill staff knowledge of the evidence base around what makes parental engagement approaches most effective
– To provide sets of manipulatives and resources for each parent undertaking the programme
– To give follow up coaching and quality assurance of delivery
Launch: 26th September
Day 1: 8th October (Full day)
Day 2: 5th November (Full day)
Gap Task: Time for schools to deliver their own programmes with a follow up coaching session for support
Network Event: Review and Reflect: 10th July 2.30 – 4.30pm
– Appropriate leads will attend training sessions and disseminate the training to those who will be supporting the delivery of the programme in their own contexts.
– Schools will deliver their Parent Maths Masterclass in their own setting
– To track impact, schools will use simple evaluation tools provided.
How to Book
If you would like to be part of the programme, please confirm your interest on the following form.
Please note: Priority places will be given to schools participating in the Research School’s Maths Professional Learning Community 2018-2019.Posted on 11 September 2018
Posted in: Training/CPD